This post has been a long while coming, because I just didn’t buy many things the past few months. I didn’t want to do a review with only like 2 things, so I’ve been stock piling so I could make a better post!
99.9% of the time, when I go cosmetics shopping, I never have a particular thing I *need* to buy. I just fall for the cute packaging or smell of something and decide to try it. And I’m usually really impressed and surprised with the things I find. So without further ado!
First we have lip glosses. From left to right:
1. I’m Shea Butter Lip Cream from The Face Shop: I never go to The Face Shop. And it’s completely superficial. I’ve never been impressed with the packaging and nothing really stands out to me, until I saw this lip cream. It smells delicious and it’s really slick and smooth. It also has a bit of shine so it can easily double as a gloss.
2. Innisfree Eco Windy Lip Balm, Green Tea: I am so on the fence about this stuff. On one hand, it’s really moisturizing and the scent is nice, but it’s also super thick. Uncomfortably thick. I’m thinking that this stuff was obviously made for windy/cold weather (as the name implies), so under those circumstances, I can see it being perfect. As of right now, it’s a bit thick for my liking, but I’m going to hold on to it until winter time.
3. Lost Identity Lip Balm (?) from Too Cool for School: This will be my first time reviewing something from Too Cool for School, but let it be known that I’m pretty obsessed with the brand. I’m not entirely sure of the name, but let’s just call it the Lost Identity Lip Balm. It is AMAZING. So, it’s one of those lip balms that’s green, but once you put it on your lips it oxidizes to match your skin color. I AM IN LOVE. It’s the prettiest shade of pink on my skin, just enough color to make me look put together and light enough for school. Anyone can buy it, and the shade will definitely match you. Plus, look at the packaging!! Adorable. I’m not sure if this is a seasonal/limited edition buy, but I’m already thinking I need to stock up.
4. Innisfree Lipstick in 38: With fall here, I’ve been dreaming of dark berry lips, slouchy beanies and boots. So once I saw this gorgeous berry purple lipstick, I knew I had to buy it no matter what. It’s really unusual to see such a dark colored lipstick in a Korean cosmetics store, so I took advantage. I love it. It’s such a gorgeous, rich color and the texture is really nice too. It’s moisturizing, but not really long lasting. It’s definitely something you’d have to keep applying through the night, so be warned!
5. Innisfree Lip Gloss in 13: This is just the matching berry lip gloss. I like Innisfree lip gloss as it’s not sticky or tacky, and it is moisturizing. Plus, it’s 90% natural! What’s not to love.
6. SkinFood Vita Tok Lip Gloss in PK03: I reviewed this lip gloss before, but I fell in love with a different color. Out of all the lip glosses I’ve tried in Korea, the Vita Tok line is my absolute favorite. The PK 03 color is a bright, hot pink. It’s a great going out with the girls color, or even an everyday lip gloss color. It smells and tastes great, it’s not sticky at all, and it’s super moisturizing. I want to hoard this stuff. Seriously.
The Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder is a MUST HAVE. My dear friend Rae told me about this finishing powder and said I needed to buy it immediately. She said it was basically the same thing as the Makeup Forever HD Powder, which is a cool 45,000W(ish) here. The No Sebum Mineral Powder is a sweet 6,000W and does the SAME THING. I use this on top of my tinted moisturizer or even without makeup to give myself a clean, polished, look. Buy it. You won’t regret it.
Too Cool for School Eyeliners in Aqua (?) and Black: Guys. GUYS. Buy this eyeliner. I am consistently amazed at the quality of the products from Too Cool for School, and this is no exception. I’ve had the hardest time trying to find a jet black eye pencil. Most of them are an off black, grey, or just not black enough for my liking. And if they are, they’re watery and weird and smudge easily. These eyeliners are the real deal. The black is a super inky black, it does not smudge, and it’s waterproof. The aqua/blue color is simply to die for. I’ve actually started wearing it daily, because it’s just that gorgeous. I went shopping with one of my friends and told her to try it, and she instantly fell in love. It’s about 8,500W and worth every bit.
The Face Shop Herb Day Cleansing Tissue: Like I said earlier, I never really go to The Face Shop, but my friend recommended these face wipes to me, and they were on sale, so…why not? I actually really like them! They aren’t anything super special, but they smell really good, they’re great at removing makeup and they don’t leave my skin feeling like a desert. I usually use them before/after the gym, and it’s the perfect refresher.
1. Innisfree Canola Honey Body Butter: I am beyond obsessed with this body butter. I have terrible, terrible dry skin, so I need my moisture levels to be 200% at all times. This body butter is simply perfect. It’s thick, it’s super moisturizing, and it smells like heaven. It’s 15,000W, and a little goes a long way. I’ve had it for almost 2 months now and it’s just now half empty.
2. Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Scrub Foam: I ran out of my SkinFood Black Sugar scrub foam, so I wanted to try something different. I opted to get the Innisfree scrub foam. It’s…okay. I definitely like the SkinFood scrub better. The Innisfree scrub foam seems a little drying, and the smell is a tad bit overwhelming for me. I think I just fell in love with the SkinFood scrub and nothing will compare. I use this scrub maybe once a week as a skin pick me up, but I don’t think I’ll be purchasing it again.
3. SkinFood Coconut Body Scrub: I loooooooooooooooooooooove this body scrub. I had been eying it for ages, and I finally just bit the bullet and bought it. I’m so glad I did. My shower experience is forever amazing now. It smells really good, but not super strong. The scrub granules are just gritty enough, and you can even see the flecks of coconut in it. It lathers really well, and leaves your skin super soft afterwards. A little goes a long way!
4. SkinFood Cool Mint Tea Shower Cologne: I’m assuming ‘shower cologne’ means body splash/spray. But anyways, I love this scent. It smells like a mix of green tea and sweet mint. It’s really clean, crisp, and refreshing, and it’s definitely perfect as an after shower spray, or as a pick me up throughout the day. Johnny always compliments me when I wear it. As you can see from the picture, the bottle is almost finished, so you know I like it!
And there it is! The latest in my Korean beauty chronicles. I know it may seem like I like everything…and actually, I do like pretty much everything I buy. I usually buy the full product if I like the free samples that are given away, and there’s always samples of every single product available at all stores, so I usually know what I’m getting myself into before I make the commitment. There’s been a few things that I haven’t liked at all (the SkinFood Hair Argan Oil Serum comes to mind), but mostly, everything I’ve bought here has been really awesome!
Have you tried any of the products I’ve recommended? Any recommendations of things I should try? I’m always looking out for new products!