October Lovin’

by Sheryll on November 7, 2012

The past few weeks have been insanity for me! I’ve been crazy busy with work, helping plan for our school festival and working on lesson plans, plus working on my online classes. I’ve also been really busy trying to stay outside of my apartment before winter really hits. I know once it gets really cold my ass won’t be going anywhere. I’ve been going on hikes/walks around Johnny’s neighborhood, visiting tons of cafes and new restaurants, watching my students play soccer games after school, and taking in the gorgeous fall colors and scenery.

As I said earlier, my school festival was last week, and it was TONS of fun. The first day was sports day. Each class dressed up in costumes or matching outfits and competed in various outdoor activities. Moms came and provided snacks and hot food for all the students to purchase. I’ve never seen them so excited!

On the second day, the whole school was transformed into one giant marketplace. Each class was in charge of creating and managing their own business. Most classes had cafes where they served coffee, tea, waffles, pancakes, and other sweets. But some classes went above and beyond and created nightclubs, complete with DJs, bartenders and strobe lights, PC bangs, nail and hair salons, Korean BBQ restaurants… the works. My students are so incredibly talented and creative! I’m currently working on editing a video to show to them…and to you!

forestdongbaek effected October Lovin

spots effected October Lovin

pizzariadamoon effected October Lovin

If you live in Bundang/Yongin, please make your way to Pizzeria Da MOON in Jukjeon cafe street. I’ve been about 6 times in the past 3 weeks. I’m obsessed.

makingfood effected October Lovin

redleavestree effected October Lovin

studentssportsday effected October Lovin

trees effected October Lovin

haebinandsheryll effected October Lovin

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Amanda @ Farsickness November 7, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I recognize that beer tower…

Sheryll November 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm

yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Ruby November 7, 2012 at 11:04 pm

The pizza looks amazing! Looks like you are really enjoying teaching, can’t wait to start myself!

Sheryll November 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm

YAY! I know I’ve already asked this, but when are you planning on coming to Korea?

Ruby November 15, 2012 at 2:28 am

Next fall :)

Audrey | That Backpacker November 9, 2012 at 12:00 am

I’m glad you’re still exploring! ;) I’ve already gone into hibernation mode.

Sheryll November 11, 2012 at 2:47 pm

girl. Hibernation mode has started for me this weekend. I only left my house to go to McDonald’s. Fail.

Scarlett November 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Allergic to rice? What a nightmare. Fabulous photos (as always) x

Ceri January 28, 2013 at 4:32 am

Whenever I feel like teaching kids/teens would be a nightmare, I look at your posts and photos and think, ‘Wow. It would be a *different* kind of challenge but these kids are incredible.’ What a great way to spend the Autumn.

Vee January 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm

You’re gorgeous!!! I love how you seem so close and comfortable with your students! I want to work and live in Korea too T_T Might I ask what camera and lenses you use? You’re pictures look so crisp! Do you do edit/enhance them or anything? What filters do you use?? Please help a photography-beginner such as myself :( Please email me back :)

Sheryll February 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Hi Vee! Thank you so much for your comment! You totally made my day! As far as my camera goes, I use a point and shoot Canon S95. It’s amazing! I’m a firm believer that you don’t need a fancy and expensive DSLR for great photos. I edit and filter my photos using the mac app called Camera Bag 2, and sometimes I use Aperture on my mac for additional editing. Let me know if you have other questions!