October Lovin’

The past few weeks have been insanity for me! I’ve been crazy busy with work, helping plan for our school festival and working on lesson plans, plus working on my online classes. I’ve also been really busy trying to stay outside of my apartment before winter really hits. I know once it gets really cold my ass won’t be going anywhere. I’ve been going on hikes/walks around Johnny’s neighborhood, visiting tons of cafes and new restaurants, watching my students play soccer games after school, and taking in the gorgeous fall colors and scenery.

As I said earlier, my school festival was last week, and it was TONS of fun. The first day was sports day. Each class dressed up in costumes or matching outfits and competed in various outdoor activities. Moms came and provided snacks and hot food for all the students to purchase. I’ve never seen them so excited!

On the second day, the whole school was transformed into one giant marketplace. Each class was in charge of creating and managing their own business. Most classes had cafes where they served coffee, tea, waffles, pancakes, and other sweets. But some classes went above and beyond and created nightclubs, complete with DJs, bartenders and strobe lights, PC bangs, nail and hair salons, Korean BBQ restaurants… the works. My students are so incredibly talented and creative! I’m currently working on editing a video to show to them…and to you!

If you live in Bundang/Yongin, please make your way to Pizzeria Da MOON in Jukjeon cafe street. I’ve been about 6 times in the past 3 weeks. I’m obsessed.

11 Comments on October Lovin’

November 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm (2 years ago)

yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

1. Ruby
    November 7, 2012 at 11:04 pm (2 years ago)

The pizza looks amazing! Looks like you are really enjoying teaching, can’t wait to start myself!

November 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm (2 years ago)

YAY! I know I’ve already asked this, but when are you planning on coming to Korea?

• Ruby
        November 15, 2012 at 2:28 am (2 years ago)

Next fall :)

2. Audrey | That Backpacker
    November 9, 2012 at 12:00 am (2 years ago)

I’m glad you’re still exploring! ;) I’ve already gone into hibernation mode.

November 11, 2012 at 2:47 pm (2 years ago)

girl. Hibernation mode has started for me this weekend. I only left my house to go to McDonald’s. Fail.

3. Scarlett
    November 19, 2012 at 6:31 pm (2 years ago)

Allergic to rice? What a nightmare. Fabulous photos (as always) x

4. Ceri
    January 28, 2013 at 4:32 am (2 years ago)

Whenever I feel like teaching kids/teens would be a nightmare, I look at your posts and photos and think, ‘Wow. It would be a *different* kind of challenge but these kids are incredible.’ What a great way to spend the Autumn.

5. Vee
    January 31, 2013 at 3:30 pm (2 years ago)

You’re gorgeous!!! I love how you seem so close and comfortable with your students! I want to work and live in Korea too T_T Might I ask what camera and lenses you use? You’re pictures look so crisp! Do you do edit/enhance them or anything? What filters do you use?? Please help a photography-beginner such as myself :( Please email me back :)

February 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm (2 years ago)

Hi Vee! Thank you so much for your comment! You totally made my day! As far as my camera goes, I use a point and shoot Canon S95. It’s amazing! I’m a firm believer that you don’t need a fancy and expensive DSLR for great photos. I edit and filter my photos using the mac app called Camera Bag 2, and sometimes I use Aperture on my mac for additional editing. Let me know if you have other questions!