Busan, South Korea

by Sheryll on July 9, 2013

About a month ago, Johnny and I took a long weekend vacation and traveled to Busan. We had a WONDERFUL time. I mentioned it before, but basically this trip was a time to get away and relax. We ate, we drank, we did a bit of sightseeing, we sat in SpaLand for a grand total of 8 hours (split between 2 days). It was wonderful. I finally got around to editing the pictures for everyone to see. We went to Haeundae Beach, Gwangali Beach, and Yonggungsa Temple. Hope you enjoy!

legroom Busan, South Korea

ktxemptyseats Busan, South Koreabeachsidebusan Busan, South Korea haeundaebeach Busan, South Korea umbrellashaeundae Busan, South Korea gwangalibridgebusan Busan, South Korea crazyflipridebusan Busan, South Korea icebarsshinsegae Busan, South Korea somanylovemotels Busan, South Koreatempledetails2 Busan, South Korea temple Busan, South Korea sheryllyearoftherat Busan, South Korea johnnyyearoftherat Busan, South Korea templedetails Busan, South Korea flowers Busan, South Koreaoceanbusan Busan, South Korea giantbuddah Busan, South Korea statuesbusan Busan, South Korea statuebusan Busan, South Korea minibuddhasbusan Busan, South Korea

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

Linn July 9, 2013 at 10:43 pm

GORGEOUS pictures!!! Million thanks again for sharing all this with us!!!!

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Ahh thank you!

Ashley July 9, 2013 at 10:54 pm

I’ve been following your blog for a few months now. I love it! I love your reviews and your travel pictures.

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Thank you Ashley!

Victoria Kim July 10, 2013 at 12:00 am

Beautiful pictures!!! I especially love the one with the fruit popsicles, they all have such cute names for their flavors!! (they say things like shy citrus, sassy strawberry and passion fashion.)
And the one with the temple near the ocean is just gorgeous!
The aquarium in Busan is also pretty good. It’s not sensational or mind-blowing, but it’s a fun little way to pass the time!

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Thanks Victoria! The popsicles were SO delicious. I don’t know why they don’t have them in Seoul…or maybe they do. I think they were called Ice Bars? They were all natural and sweetened with agave. YUM!!

Melissa @ Suitcase and Heels July 10, 2013 at 3:56 am

Busan is probably my favourite Korean city. It wasn’t quite warm enough when I was there in September to go swimming but it was still nice to walk barefoot on the beach.

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I had a great time! Beach cities are always my favorite.

Claire July 10, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Hi! I just started reading your blog today and have spent more time than I’d like to admit (coughhourscough) reading your posts. You’re writing voice is SO entertaining. I’m a korean born/raised in the states and I’ve only been to Korea twice but you make me want to go for a trip – especially to do a lot of the touristy things you’ve done. Your photos are AMAZING and I’m glad you’ve been enjoying your time there. Can’t wait to read more :) ALSO, I really quickly skimmed over all your product posts because I need to sleep soon and want to save them for later, but I can already tell you know SO much more about korean products than I do – and I have a lot of them at home (since my mom just buys a shitton out of the blue). Unfortunately, I don’t know how to read Korean or use them… can’t wait to finally have a decent beauty routine using those products. Keep on blogging, you’re awesome.

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Hi Claire! Thank you SO much for reading. If you ever need help with the directions or instructions, just let me know! A lot of them are available in English at the stores!

Arielle July 10, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Where did you find the popsicles in Busan? I’m very curious!

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm

They were at Shinsegae…the huge one with Spaland and the ice skating rink! In the food court. SOOOO amazing!

Tom @ Waegook Tom July 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Busan! It’s been a while since I was there – last summer I think! I wound up in a Korean drag bar. It was amazing. I do want to hit up a fancy spa when I’m next there, Spa Land sounds like it’d be fun. Not my favourite city in Korea by a long shot (maybe my least favourite), but alright every now and again.

Also, if Johnny ever decides that he’s gay, send him my way. Your bf’s a hunk!

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I wish I wound up at a Korean drag bar. I’ve still never been to one. SIGH. I need to remedy that immediately. And YAAAAY Johnny! He’s pretty hot, if I do say so myself ;)

Claire Gillis July 10, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Enjoying the pics, heading out to Suncheon in a few weeks so getting excited!

Sheryll July 11, 2013 at 1:58 pm

YAY! Enjoy your time!

Bekah July 20, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Wow!! Great Pictures. I hope to teach in South Korea someday. You’re such an inspiration. Busan looks so beautiful!!

Sheryll July 26, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thank you Bekah!

Ceri August 3, 2013 at 6:00 am

Girl, you look so stunning! Korea definitely agrees with you. :-D So happy to see these pictures – Busan is one of the places I was offered a job near. Nice to see some photos to go with the name. :-)

Vittoria August 6, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Lovely pictures! I’ve just discovered your blog while looking for Korean skincare, living in Europe it’s so hard to find products, so I have to buy online and looking for reviews I found this lovely blog!
I’m an amateur photographer and I love to travel, definitely lots of things I’d like here! :D
I especially love the picture of the seats in the train. How do you get this gloomy/hazy effect on your photos? Is it some kind of filter, or you work with contrasts and lights?