OMG I can’t even believe that I’m writing a new post. It feels SO good to be back. WHEEEEEE!
I’ve made it to Phuket, and I’ve been here almost 3 weeks. Everything with the move was just as smooth as it could be. Our apartment is cute, our landlord is super sweet, and overall, everyone in Thailand has been super duper friendly! I think it helps that we live far away from all the tourist traps. Sophia is settling in nicely, I’ve found a nail salon (IMPORTANT, although I miss my girls in Vietnam), and I’ve started a crazy ass, ridiculous (but fun!) fitness camp at Unit 27 on “Fight Street” in Phuket. Fight street is about a mile long, and it’s just gyms, boxing gyms, MMA gyms, protein shakes, and healthy food. Basically, it kinda makes it impossible to not get fit since you have everything in one place. It’s been a godsend for me.
If you’ve read this blog since it’s inception nearly 5 years ago, you’ll know that I’ve struggled with my weight and emotional eating on and off. I lost a bunch of weight in Korea, only to gain it right back plus some in Vietnam. Damn pho and com tam! Long story short, we decided to move to Phuket because Johnny wanted to do a BJJ program and I decided that I was going to do a fitness camp. My goal is to lose roughly 15/20 pounds by my 30th birthday in December. I’m working with a trainer who has me working my ass off twice a day, 6 days a week. I’m already seeing a difference, not only physically, but mentally. I forgot just how good working out makes me feel. My mind is clear, I’m happier, and much less stressed. Woohoo!
Anyway, with all this working out, I’m having to change my skincare routines. I was washing my face up to 4 times a day, which was entirely too much. There was also the hassle of taking a billion skincare products with me to the gym, and since I’m an acid queen at night, there was also the struggle waiting for my acids to do their thang while everyone is cleaning the gym. Not a good look, girl. So my goals for my new routine are to condense my routine as much as a I can, without skipping my essentials. I also don’t wear makeup except on the weekends so I want my skin to look flawless all day, every day.
I’ve stopped washing my face in the AM when I first wake up, even though it kills my soul to do so. It’s so engrained in my routine that I feel like I can’t function if I don’t wash my face in the morning, but I’ve realized that it’s okay as long as I don’t use any heavy overnight masks or creams (which means I’m having to cut my dear precious Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask out of my nighttime routine waaaah). So now, I eat breakfast, pack my gym bag, and head over to the gym to do my first workout, which is a 1 hour treadmill walk on an (at least a 7) incline, followed by lifting weights. After that is when I finally do my morning routine.
- Cleanser – I start by washing my face with my new favorite cleanser of all time, the cosrx low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser*. It really is as good as everyone says. I love that is has tea tree oil in it, which I feel like I need after being sweaty and gross. I gotta wash the bacteria away girl!
- Lightweight acid tone situation – I use either Biologique Recherche p50 or my other new favorite, the cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol. I tap it in lightly and wait maybe 5 minutes. I honestly don’t feel the need to do a long ass wait time anymore, unless it’s a heavy duty acid. If I wait to shower until I get home, I use the Pure Vitamin C 21.5 Advanced Serum by Wishtrend* after I acid tone. I don’t like to keep it with me because it needs to be refrigerated and the bottle is glass and lord knows I don’t want to deal with broken vitamin c serum everywhere. I’m so glad it’s back in my routine now – I’d forgotten just how much I love this stuff. It makes my skin so bright and luminous.
- SNAIL TIME – I swear by the cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence. It’s the perfect lightweight essence to use. It’s not greasy, oily, or heavy. If you’re looking for a daytime essence for the upcoming summer weather, this is it. It keeps my skin smooth and soft.
- Moisturizer – I’m testing out the Goodal Silky Plus Smoothing Gel Cream. I gotta say, I like it more than the Murumuru seed gel cream. It has my bae niacinamide in it for some brightening, and lots of badass oils like jojoba, argan, olive, and camellia. The texture is perfect, like a sorbet that just melts right into your skin. It’s not sticky, greasy, or oily, and leaves your skin with a gorgeous matte velvet finish. It’s perfect under makeup. If you all want a full review, let me know!
- Sunscreen – As always, I’m using something from Biore. I rotate between the Biore Watery Essence, Watery Gel, and the Spray. The spray has been my go to lately. It’s easy to take with me since I don’t have to worry about it making a mess, and it leaves my face less shiny than the other two. I just spray some in my hands and apply to my face. I also spray it on my arms and legs, since I’m in the sun all the time.
After that, I have about 5 hours until my next workout, which is Crossfit. I’d always laughed at the hardcore Crossfit people because they are hella annoying, but I gotta admit, it’s been super fun! Don’t worry, I won’t talk about it too much ;). Anyway, after my workout, I shower at the gym, but I just rinse my face off. I didn’t want to wash my face at the gym and do a half ass nighttime routine because I can’t sheet mask or use acids, so I just wait. I haven’t had any breakouts yet so I guess it’s working out for me so far! At night, my routine varies, but right now this is my current routine.
- Oil Cleanse – Ya’ll already know I loathe cleansing wipes, but, but, BUT, I have found ones that are incredible. They are the FaceShop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Glowing Cleansing Oil Wipes (literally longest name ever). They are perfect in every way. They are saturated in oil, and make the oil cleansing process super freaking easy. TBH they aren’t super great with makeup (but I wear two primers and waterproof makeup), but when it’s after the gym, they are fabulous. They aren’t a do-it-all cleansing wipe, literally they’re an oil cleanser in wipe form and that’s genius.
- Cleansing Foam – No lie, I have maybe 12 different types of foaming cleansers, so I usually just pick whatever is closed to me. This could be the su:m37 Skin Saving Cleansing Foam, or the Hada Labo AHA/BHA Foaming Cleanser, or La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Cleansing Foam, or Goodal Phytowash Yerba Mate Cleanser, or even the cosrx low pH cleanser again.
- ACIDSSSS – My favorite step. I am somehow STILL not finished with the cosrx AHA whitehead liquid so that’s been my go-to lately. It smells awful, but it does leave my skin soft and smooth so that’s why I’m trying to finish up the bottle. I sometimes use the p50 again, or the 15% Mandelic Acid serum from Vivant Skincare*. Every week, I do a lightweight peel with my 25% Mandelic Acid from Makeup Artists Choice.
- Sheet Masks – I have a bajillion of these, so I just use whatever I feel like. I’ve been all about Leaders Amino masks lately (which I can get at the store here in Thailand YAAAAY!). I especially love the AC Free Mask and the Amino Moisture mask.
- Essence/Serum – I’m still trucking through my bottle of the su:m37 Secret Repair Concentrate, which is a magical bottle of expensive ass angel tears. I’ve already taken the photos for the review, so just wait!
- Cream/Oil – Since I’m not using anything too heavy at night anymore, I’ve been loving the Goodal Oil Plus Moist Emulsion. It’s a little too oily for me to use during the day, but at night, it’s perfect. It’s lightweight, and sinks into the skin immediately. I love that it’s oil and lotion already mixed together, which has always been my jam.
- Eye Essence – The Whamisa Eye Essence will always be my BFF. I tap it on after my routine is finished, and then I’m ready to take my sore and tired limbs to bed.
WHEW. It just can’t tell you how good it feels to be writing again, which is why this post is one thousand years long. If you’ve made it this far, you deserve 25 sheet masks! Thanks so much for sticking around all these months. I’m so sad that I haven’t blogged in so long, but I’m back bitches! Next time around, I’m reviewing some products :). Keep your eyes peeled!
This post features affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclaimer.
* – Indicates an item that was gifted to me. All other items were purchased by me.