I wanted to blog 5 days this week and I’ve met my goal! Hooray! I’m so happy. I bought a planner when I was back home for vacation and I think having a schedule and writing things down has helped tremendously. I’m finally getting into a groove again.
Anyway, one of my favorite things to do on Sunday mornings/nights is to browse all the blogs I didn’t have time to during the week, while drinking a coffee and cuddling with my man. So, I wanted to list a few links I found and loved this week.
1. As much as I loooove makeup, my everyday routine is pretty basic. Back in college when I had tons of free time, I’d spend 30 minutes a day on my makeup. But…I love to sleep, so spending 30 minutes a day on my makeup is just not going to happen these days. I made a New Years resolution to try and be more adventurous with my makeup, and get out of my bronzed eye rut. This video by my favorite YouTuber is absolutely gorgeous and incredibly simple.
2. One of my biggest pet peeves is when beauty bloggers are forced into making disclaimers, or forced to apologize for “bragging” about their large makeup and skincare collections. Why is collecting makeup and skincare any different than collecting stamps or dolls or anime or whatever the fuck you like? Vampy Varnish talks about this problem in a post way more eloquent than I could have written.
3. I was searching for reviews on the Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (which I just got in earlier this week and I don’t think I’ll ever use another face cream again…!), and I happened upon the most adorable Korean beauty review site EVER. The Beauty Wolf not only has great reviews, but her whimsical product photos are amazing. I’m a fan.
4. I was on a huge book reading binge when I was on vacation, but as soon as I got back, that was stalled for a bit. I’m so busy with teaching and blogging that I find it hard to sit down with a book, but one of my New Years resolutions is to read 20 books this year. While I wait for my queen Gillian Flynn to write a new book, I’ve started reading Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight and it’s fabulous! PS, follow me on Goodreads!
5. I’ve been researching important things in Ho Chi Minh City like the best nail salons and the best spas (duh), and a classic manicure and pedicure from a highly rated place called Fame Nails costs roughly $9USD. I think Ho Chi Minh City and I are going to be best friends.
And don’t forget to ask any questions you’ve wanted to know about me, Korea, or anything else here. I’m going to close comments in about 2 days.