I’m back from Tokyo and I had an amazing time. I can’t wait to share everything with you. I spent way too much money, but let me tell you, Hello Kitty and cute socks are totally worth it.
Sooo, I have a bunch of exciting news that I have to tell you. Good times ahead for the blog and for me!
- I’m currently featured in Flare Magazine’s October issue. If you’re in Canada, please pick up a copy! It’s the article about Korean skincare. I’m also in a feature for the K Herald, a Korean-American newspaper distributed in the Atlanta area. I’m so excited and so pumped to be featured in these two publications. Korean skincare is changing lives out here!
- I’m working on a ton of new cosmetic reviews. Things have been really slow on that front because this summer completely and utterly wrecked havoc on my skin. It was a hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, mess. I had terrible acne, a random patch of clogged pores on my chin, heat bumps on my forehead. It was terrible. I bought a lot of new things to try but didn’t want to switch up my routine too much for fear of making my skin worse. Now that summer is basically over (and thanks to my best friend, the Clarisonic Mia 2), my skin is back to normal. I’ve finally started testing things out again, and I am working on a big review of the Clarisonic (preview: everyone NEEDS one).
- I’ve had my blog for almost three years (eeeek!) and I’ve had the same blog design for the entire time. Redesigning my blog is something I’ve been wanting to do for ages. I feel like I’ve outgrown this design, and in some ways, it reminds me of the past (and not in a good way). I want something new, something that represents me and the growth that I have experienced in the past three years. I’ve been using Pinterest to create mood boards, and the recurring theme that seems to be coming up is lots of pink, white, black, and gold, minimal, clean lines, with a touch of glamour. I’m a bit obsessed with graphic design and typography, but I’ve never actually tried to do either of them myself. So, I’m teaching myself! I’m working on a blog re-design that will hopefully launch by the end of the year. I’m working from the ground up, and teaching myself in the process, so it may take longer than that, but I’d like to see it up by the 3rd year anniversary. It’s definitely been a challenge, and sometimes I want to throw my computer out of the window, but the satisfaction I’m getting from learning how to do something new is really rewarding. If anything, attempting to re-design my blog is making me much more productive and really excited to start posting regularly again.
- I started a ketogenic diet (high fat, low carb), and I’ve lost about 6 pounds. I’ve been struggling with my weight for about 4 years now, and nothing has really worked, except the keto diet. I’m so excited to finally, once and for all, get the extra weight off. Shopping for clothes used to be an enjoyable experience, and I can’t wait for it to be that way again. For more info on the keto diet, check this out.
- I’m setting up an editorial calendar that will have me posting 3 times a week. Right now I’m aiming for one cosmetics review/tutorial, one random (life, Korea, new cafes, etc) post, and a link love type thing on Friday. Hooray for a schedule!
- And speaking of learning new things, I’m teaching myself how to use Photoshop. I usually edit my pictures with the Mac app CameraBag2, but I’m trying to challenge myself and learn how to use Photoshop. My post on Singapore was supposed to be up this week, but it’s taking me longer than normal to edit the photos. Here is an example of something I’m working on:
The weather is finally changing in Korea, and the leaves are just starting to turn colors. Fall is by far my favorite season in Korea. There are about 3 to *maybe* 4 more weeks of decent weather before winter starts. Sigh. I’m trying to take advantage of all the daylight and sunlight while I can. This weekend will be spent in a nice, outdoor cafe with iced coffees and Photoshop. I’m hoping to finally make it to see the Banpo bridge in Seoul at some point, and I definitely want to go shopping for some fall clothes.
Hope things are going well with all of you! Let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like to see coming up on the blog.